Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/cetatead/vjhs.ro/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/functions.php on line 4763
Ligia-Maria Fodor, Author at Valahian Journal of Historical Studies

Ligia-Maria Fodor

The Girls’ High School in Cernăuţi, the first secondary school for girls in the Habsburg Bucovina (1898-1918)


Language: English
Subject(s): History
Page Range: 137-160
No. of Pages: 24
Keywords: , , , ,
Summary/Abstract: The study presents the first efforts for the establishment of the first secondary school for girls in the Habsburg Bucovina, the regulations governing its activity in 1898-1918 and the issues related to the educational process. The granting by the Ministry of Cults and Instruction of the right of publicity gave the students of this school the possibility to complete their studies by obtaining a maturity certificate, thus granting them access to higher education. The educational process in the Municipal Girls’ High School in Cernăuţi brought an important contribution to the development of the education system as a whole, to a higher cultural level of the population in Bucovina and to the awareness of the woman’s importance in the society.
Open access on CEEOL: NO



Share this article
Facebooktwitterlinkedinmail